- In a large pot, saute the onion for a few minutes with some seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic, chilli or whatever you want to add)
- Cut the Cherry Tomatoes in half and add into the onions. Continue until both are soft.
- Prepare 500mls/1 pint of vegetable stock and stir until it dissolves. Add into the pot.
- Whatever quantity of vegetable stock used, measure an equal quantity of soya or other plant-based milk. Into the pot with that too.
- Add the pasta, bring back to up to heat. Use enough to almost reach the top of the stock/milk mix.
- Turn down to a simmer once heated back up, keep stirring frequently to ensure it does not stick to the pot. You may need to some salt.
- The sauce will thicken up and become creamy, once pasta is cooked add the spinach just to wilt it in the heat. You can turn the heat off.
- Add a good quantity of nutritional yeast, as much as you like suitable to your tastes.
This recipe is entirely scalable, you can increase the quantity of stock/milk and pasta accordingly to feed larger groups. It will also keep overnight in the fridge as leftovers for lunch the next day. I haven’t frozen it myself, so if you test this please let everyone else know in the comments.